Reaching Out During COVID-19
Dear Catholic U community, take note of some resources that could be helpful during this uncertain time
- Go to our Cardinal Coping page for our self-help and psychoeducational videos!
- Sign in with your CUA emails to access this Google Doc full of ways to stay entertained while off-campus: HERE!
- CDC's guidelines for taking care of your emotional health
- The VA's National Center for PTSD created an app called COVID Coach
- PsychHub's compiled resources for providers and clients alike
- Mental Health America's extremely comprehensive list of resources
- NEDA's resources for folks in recovery
- Resources for those seeking treatment for addiction.
- NAMI's resource guide
- SAMSHA's fact sheet
- 7 science-based strategies for coping with COVID-19 anxiety
- StayHomeHero's resource page, including financial support
Mental Health Month 2020
This year’s #MentalHealthMonth explores practical tools that everyone can use to improve their #mentalhealth and increase resiliency regardless of the situations they are dealing with. Download the free #Tools2Thrive toolkit at mhanational.org/may. #mhm20
The Counseling Center's outreach program contributes to the university community by offering information and informal staff presentations on topics of interest, such as identifying stress and eating disorders, alcohol education, crisis intervention and support, and workshops and trainings for RAs.
The Counseling Center is available and responsive to requests for presentations, support, and other appropriate meetings and interventions needed within the university community. Past presentations and trainings have included:
- Alcohol education and screenings
- Body image awareness
- Classroom and study skills for international students
- Crisis intervention and support
- Depression screenings
- Mental Health Stigma in marginalized populations
- Mindfulness skills
- RA and Student Minister training
- Self-care for social work students
- Sexual assault prevention and awareness
- Stress management
Request an Outreach Activity
If you are interested in including the Counseling Center in your programming or would like to request a particular type of training, please contact the Director of Outreach with your request. Please be sure to submit your request at least 2 weeks in advance of the event to ensure adequate time for planning. Note that the Counseling Center may not be able to fulfill all requests.